Economy, business and digitisation
In this line, the economic and business effects of the digital transformation are investigated. We study how digital technologies, especially its second wave (robotics and artificial intelligence, data driven-economy, collaborative platforms), transform the activity and the main business and economic results (innovation, productivity, employment and competitiveness).
Economy and digitisation
- Digital transformation, automation and artificial intelligence. Predictors, complementarities and economic and business results (productivity, exports, innovation, gross margin, labour, remuneration) of the technological waves linked with digitalisation and automation.
- Collaborative economies and platform work. Motivations, behavior, economic and business models and effects of the different forms of collaboration (obtaining goods and services, and provision of work) in peer-to-peer exchanges.
- Labour economics, technological change and the labor market Impact of 4.0 technologies on employment and wages.
Business and digitisation
- Entrepreneurship and innovation processes. Analysis of entrepreneurship and innovation in companies. Importance of gender and characteristics of the entrepreneur in the success of the business.
- Digitalisation of Human Resources. Effects of digital transformation on HR strategy and practices.
- Consumer journey and brand experience. Analysis of the relationship between the customer and the brand (journey). Determinants of the strengthening of the relationship (in each of the stages) and consequences effects in terms of conversion, experience, satisfaction, loyalty and recommendation
- Relationship marketing and brand love. Analysis (from the business side) of customer relationship management. Design and implementation of get-keep-growth strategies in the field of inbound marketing aimed at attracting and converting leads, and promoters (Creating an intangible capital based on brand love).
Most relevant recent publications:
Ballestar, M.T., Díaz-Chao, A., Sainz, J., Torrent-Sellens, J. (2021). Impact of robotics on manufacturing: A longitudinal machine learning perspective. Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 162, 120348.
Díaz-Chao, A., Ficapal-Cusí, P., Torrent-Sellens, J. (2020). Environmental assets, industry 4.0 technologies and firm performance in Spain: A dynamic capabilities path to reward sustainability. Journal of Cleaner Production, 125264.
Torrent-Sellens, J., Cugueró-Escofet, N., Ertz, M. (2020). Motivations of collaborative obtainers and providers in Europe. Behaviour & Information Technology.
Ballestar, M.T., Díaz-Chao, A., Sainz, J., Torrent-Sellens, J. (2020).Knowledge, robots and productivity in SMEs: Explaining the second digital wave. Journal of Business Research, 108, 119-131.
Camiña, E.; Díaz-Chao, A., Torrent-Sellens, J. (2020). Automation technologies: Long-term effects for Spanish industrial firms. Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 151, 119828.
Méndez-Aparicio, M.D., Izquierdo-Yusta, A., Jiménez-Zarco, A.I. (2017). Consumer expectations of online services in the insurance industry: An exploratory study of drivers and outcomes. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 1254.
Martínez-Ruiz, M.P., Gómez-Suárez, M., Jiménez-Zarco, A.I., Izquierdo-Yusta, A. (2017). From Consumer Experience to Affective Loyalty: Challenges and Prospects in the Psychology of Consumer Behavior 3.0. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 2224.
Díaz-Chao, A.; Sainz-González, J.; Torrent-Sellens, J. (2016). ICT, innovation, and firm productivity: New evidence from small local firms. Journal of Business Research, 68(7), 1439-1444.
Díaz-Chao, Á., Miralbell-Izard, O.; Torrent-Sellens, J. (2015). Information and communication technologies, innovation, and firm productivity in small and medium-sized travel agencies: New evidence from Spain. Journal of Travel Research, 55(7), 862-873.